As I was cleaning the kitchen floor, I got thinking about what my ideal man would look like, or more to the point, what he would be like. If I understand the Laws of Attraction properly, you have to be very clear what you want.
I had started doing this before I met my husband and he seemed to match the first three requirements I had come up with. I never got a chance to finish the process before I met him though.
I know this is a bit premature as I am still undergoing my journey and my needs might change, but I thought I’d put some thoughts down anyway, the ones that I know are true. It helps me focus what it is I want out of life too.
So, in no order, this is what I came up with:
– He has to love animals, and in particular dogs.
– He has to have realised alcohol should never be part of one’s life. The odd glass here and there is fine, getting drunk or even tipsy isn’t.
– Drugs are also a no-no. Although I don’t have anything against Cannabis, I believe you should be able to live a happy life without it.
– He has to be a deep thinker.
– He has to have a fun sense of humour
– He has to not take himself too seriously
– He has to have dealt with his issues and not have any resentment towards anyone who has crossed his path.
– He has to love nature, and water (sea/river).
– He has to love music, and in particular Electronic music.
– He has to have some passion for life and do a few activities on his own (ie independent from me) that he loves.
– He has to have gone through his own darkness and come out the other side.
– He has to be close to his family.
– He has to be compassionate.
– He has to do a job he loves, yet that doesn’t take over his private life.
– He has to be supportive, trustworthy, honest, open and understanding.
– He needs to be able to express his feelings fully, with no fear or barriers.
– He needs to be intelligent but not full of himself.
– He needs to have no “addictions”
– He needs to not belong to any religious groups, yet open minded, better still awakened.
– He needs to have a sense of adventure.
– He needs to be flexible and open to change.
– He has to be tidy, within reason. A sloppy living environment is a sign of a sloppy mind.
– He needs to look after his body but not be obsessed with his looks.
– And of course, he has to have a passion for sex/making love, be open minded and happy to try new things.