My Tune of the Week – an electronic remix of a favourite (actually listening to three different remixes):
Books I am reading:
Still studying The Psychology of Man’s Possible Evolution. Some interesting stuff – my favourite is his description of the two parts that make man: Essence and Personality; much better way to put it than Soul and Ego I believe.
Emotion dealt with this week: sex
Things that put a spring in my step this week:
- Work – first week on the phones and aced it (closed over twice as many calls as they would have expected me to).
- The Deli restaurant at work – those salads are just so yummy!
- How full of notes my gratitude piggy bank is.
- Seeing my pay cheque!
- Feeling desired, although it was short lived when I realised desire is driven by attention (received) and therefore egotistical – interestingly, I have also realised you only desire someone for the effect they have on you, not who they are. Kinda put me off the whole idea.
- Receiving a phone call from my dad, really happy to have received a good luck card from me (for his cancer treatment). His gratefulness was heartwarming and a little unsettling. I need to do more thinking about others.
- On that vein, starting a gofundme page to help raise money to buy my disabled brother a Segway wheelchair type of thing, which he dreams of.