A few facts about me, because it’s always good to know a bit more about that stranger the other side of your screen:
- I am french, born and raised, and now live in England, where I moved to when I was 19.
- I work as an IT Service Desk Analyst and I absolutely love my job
- I love animals (particularly dogs) and nature
- I love Electronic Music
- Both my brothers were disabled, one has polio, the other, who passed at the age of 23, was brain damaged from birth
- I left France to escape a very difficult relationship with my mother
- I had a very lucky childhood, spent all my holidays in Morocco where my grandparents lived
- I am 45
- I don’t have children
- in 2011 I suffered a manic episode (the first in my life), shortly after my husband left me, which turned into a psychosis when I was still living in Canada and was sectioned.
- I suffered a depression up my return to the UK
- In 2012 I suffered another manic episode, again with psychosis and was sectioned for 2 weeks
- Six months later, I “relapsed” and got sectioned for a few weeks. Then suffered a major depression when I was signed off work with no transport as my driving licence had been lifted temporarily (4 months)
- I haven’t experienced any manic states, psychosis or depression, mainly sans medication, since my last episode in Feb 2014.